Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My pants fit!! (sort of)

We went to Florida in February, and the worst part was right before when I had to pull out all my clothes from the summer and none of them fit me. I had to borrow a pair of capris once I got there and that's pretty much what I wore the whole time.

Well after this recent 13 pound victory, I pulled out my own capri's from last summer and tried them on and they fit!! Well, sort of. They certainly don't look as cute as they did last summer, but I pulled them up and they closed, effortlessly. And they look ok enough that I would wear them in public.........with certain shirts.

The point is, in Feb I could not wear them at all, and today I can with certain shirts. And by May/June I will be able to wear them with any shirt I want. This is good news.

So for those of you who do not live in NYC, let me fill you in on a little something: When you go out to eat any where in New York City, they post the calorie content of all the food right next to it on the menu. So like, for instance if you went to McDonalds, right next to the Big Mac it would say 540 cal. This is true everywhere, Applebees, Subway, Burger King, all of it. It's really eye-opening and I think they should do it everywhere. Write your congressman, or something. I don't know.

I went to Starbucks to write today (people do that, right? Do you think I'm cool now?). Anyway I ordered a green tea because I could clearly see that it was 0 calories, and I LOVE things that are 0 calories. And on the bottom of my cup it was posted "Careful, the beverage you're about to enjoy is extremely hot." Really?! Is it me? I mean, first of all, DUH! Second, how could I possibly enjoy something if it's extremely hot. Extreme heat is not enjoyable to me. It should say "For best results, purchase drink 20 minutes before you intend to drink it." I mean I'm not mad at Starbucks for making hot drinks, some drinks are supposed to be hot. But don't insult my intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment