Thursday, April 9, 2009

For your consideration:

So I mentioned before how I hate job hunting cause I lack experience and it's a grueling task, making what experience I do have sound relevant. Sooo, I decided for the sake of my blog, I would just be completely honest:
Ladies and Gents, the real and truthful version of my resume:

Objective:

To obtain a full time position as movie, television or Broadway star.

Experience:

2008-2009 "A Telecommunications Company" NY
Project Coordinator
- Collected and processed all sign off documentation from job completed by subcontratced techs
- Avoided having my boss throw things at me, and succeed all but once.
- Answered phones.


2006 - 2008 "A Bar" Colchester, England
Bar Tender
- Served pints of beer to loud obnoxious English people.
- Got verbally abused by customers
- Regularly worked til 3am cleaning, washing glasses, emptying ashtrays, only to wake up with my toddler at 3:30 am the next morning.


2005 - 2006 "a school for special needs kids" NY
1 to 1 Aide
- Wheeled my kid from class to class and through relay races at "gym"
- Sang songs for my non verbal kid during circle time.
- Hand fed my kid him/her lunch and changed his/her diaper.


2004 - 2005 "Temp Agency" NY
Office Temp
- filed things
- filed things
- filed things

2004 - 2004 "Fast Food Joint" NY
- Worked in the drive thru
- Worked at the counter
- ....That's all I can possibly say about that.

Education

1999 - 2003 State University NY
- 19 credits short of a Bachelors Degree in Theater Arts

12 total years training in Acting, Musical Theater and Improv Comedy at various schools.
That's just short of 50% of my ENTIRE LIFE

Interests

Theater, film, acting,

contacts
One of my managers at said fast food joint, cause I'm friends with her and I know she'll make crap up.

One of my professors at University cause she knew me back when I had direction, and maybe she thinks I still do.


So there you have it, if you know of any positions that might be I might be suited for, by all means, let me know.

Also, if you want to try this, (it's very liberating) send in a copy of your completely truthful and honest resume. (baybeeblue117@gmail.com) I'll post the best/funniest ones, maybe we can all go into business together!

I'll see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. You need to get an interview how to book like "The art of the interview" or "5 min your hired" It's a big game landing a job! Try just showing up dressed the part. It always words for me.

    ReplyDelete