Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How not to be fat...

Did you ever try to weigh yourself everyday? It's crazy. I don't know about you, but my weight fluctuates sometimes up to 5 or more pounds from day to day basis. Then when I do the real weigh in, the weekly weigh in, the one that counts, I don't trust the scale, I think it's lying to me. I guess that's why they tell you not to weigh in everyday when you're dieting. UGH! I feel like the last 3 years my life has been one long diet.



We move to England in August 2006, right after we were married, and we lived there for two years. While we were there I lost 50 pounds. It was a lot easier for two reasons. One: The food sucks. There just weren't the temptations there that there are here. Two: We were alone there, so there was no visiting family, or huge holiday meals with 600 desserts.



Now mind you, I didn't just loose 50 pounds cause we didn't have Thanksgiving, I actually was dieting. First I did weight watchers for a while, then I kind of went off track because we had to come back to NY for like a month after my father passed away. Then after I collected myself I did Atkins and after all was said and done, I lost 50 pounds. That was great.



Then we came back....



Then it was BBQ's, everybody wanted us over their house for dinner, I couldn't wait to eat some "decent" American food. I got a job waitressing at a diner, I ate there at the end of every shift. So bad. Then I got this last job at the office and sat at a desk all day, snacking. Needless to say most of the 50 pounds came right back.



I've been doing a low calorie diet now for three weeks, and I've lost 13 pounds so far. Or so says scale, which I've noted before, cannot be trusted. I've mastered not being fat in Europe. That's easy. Now I have to learn how not to be fat in America. Far more difficult. But I feel like once I get it, that will be it. If you can not be fat in America, you can not be fat ANYWHERE. America is completely disgusting with they way we handle food. You all know that. We're out of control.



Who are these people that run? These people you see on the side of the road just running. Like, for exercise. Who are they? I'm so jealous. They run a mile everyday and I bet they can just eat whatever they want ever, cause they're just going to run another mile tomorrow. How do they do it?? I've been thinking about it a lot lately because I know with my low calorie diet, if I could just run a little it will probably be twice as effective. When we were cavemen we ate nuts and berries and we ran as our mode of transportation and I bet nobody wore a size 16.


I need to learn how to run. I say learn how cause I feel like I haven't run at all since I was about in 3rd grade. That's about when I got to cool to participate in gym anymore.


All the web sites I've looked up about running say first things first, I need the right shoes. I say, those people clearly are not packing a set of double d's. I need a sports bra of steel. I doubt that the technology exists to create the kind of sports bra I need. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I'll worry about shoes once I know I have the girls strapped down in place.

Well, it's almost 2pm and I've only had about 190 calories all day so I guess I better go eat something. Thanks for reading, and keep coming back. It's gonna get good.

No comments:

Post a Comment